Learn@ISU Store Frequently Asked Questions
These FAQs are designed to provide basic information to assist you in using the Learn@ISU Store.
How do I log into the Learn@ISU Store?
- If you are a new user, follow these instructions to purchase and set up your account.
- Existing users - access www.store.learn.iastate.edu, enter your Username (email address) and password, then click Login.
- If you have issues logging in, please email email@example.com for assistance.
How do I take an online course?
- Log in to Learn@ISU Store.
- Click on Course Catalog.
- Scroll through the alphabetized Course Catalog.
- Click the Launch link next to the desired course.
How do I open and close course catalogs?
- Click on the folder icon next to the title of the catalog.
How do I search for a course?
- From the homepage, "Search Course Catalog."
- Select the catalog to search and keywords associated with your search.
- From Course Catalog
- Type a keyword into the search bar located in the upper-left portion of the screen.
- Be sure to reset the search keyword after finding the course you need to take.
How long do I have to complete a course after purchasing it?
- Courses purchased through the Learn@ISU Store must be completed within 90 days from the date of purchase.
What if my online course does not launch or receive a 404 error?
- Allow cookies and pop-ups from training.ehs.iastate.edu. Learn more about allowing pop-ups on your web browser.
- Clear the cache and history from your web browser.
When I launch the course, I hear audio but do not see the course. What do I do?
- Sometimes the window will launch behind your current browser window. You can minimize your open applications until you find the web browser window displaying the online course.
Can I pause the course and start it up again later?
- Yes, when you are ready to pause the course, click on Return to LearnerWeb in the upper right-hand corner of the training window to access the User Sign-Off window. A pop-up window opens, answer the question as "No," then click Submit. When you log back in to complete the training, look under My Current Enrollments for the course you paused and click on the Launch link to start the course. You will have the option to start the course from where you left off or go back to the beginning of the course.
I have completed the course; however, I cannot access the final quiz; what do I do?
- Under My Current Enrollments, locate the course you need to take the quiz and look for a link under the Action column.
- If the link says "Sign-Off," click on it, a pop-up window will open, and you will be asked to record the training as complete by answering the question "Are you recording the training as finished:" If you are finished, answer the question as "Yes" then click Submit. After clicking Submit, a new window will open; click on the blue Take Test link to access the quiz. If you are not finished and would like to review the course, answer "No," then click Submit. Once you have reviewed the course and are ready to take the quiz, answer "Yes" and then click Submit.
- Click on the link and exit the course to access the User Sign-Off option if the link says Launch.
I have a link that says Take Test, and I want to review the course; what do I do?
- Under My Current Enrollments, find the course with the Take Test link under the Action column.
- Next to the Take Test link is a Cancel link - click on this and follow the steps to cancel the course.
- After you have canceled the course:
- Return to the Learn@ISU Store homepage
- Click on Course Catalog and find the course in the appropriate catalog
- Click on Launch to start the course again
Where do I find my training history?
- Click on My Reports under My Menu and choose Transcript of All Training to get a full list of your training history.
Can I sort my training history?
- You can sort your training history by any column labels, including Course Title, Status, Status Date, and Expiry Date.
Where do I find my current Enrollments?
- View My Current Enrollments on My Dashboard. You see when you first log into the system.
- Click on My Enrollments under My Menu
Why can't I view my certificate?
- Not all courses do not provide participants with a certificate.
- If your status is "In Progress," you will not receive a certificate.
- Make sure to complete the course, and your status is "Finished – Pass."
How do I view my certificate?
- Click on My Reports under My Menu, choose Transcript of Completed Training.
- The Certificate column is located on the far-right portion of the screen.
- Use the Print link to print a copy of your certificate.
- Use the Email link to send a digital copy to your email.
My completion status will not update when I successfully finish an online course.
- There may be a compatibility issue with the web browser you are using. Verify the web browser you are using: Recommended web browsers are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- You may have timed out of the Learn@ISU Store while completing your online course. Avoid this by periodically selecting an option such as Home or Course Catalog within the Learn@ISU Store while working on the coursework. If the system times out while completing an online course, log in again before clicking "Finish" at the end of the online course.
- Periodically, a completion status will get stuck in "In Progress." Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an update in completion status.